Table of Contents
Create an Entity on the Background layer that shows one of the tiles we created when we imported the map image.
- Right click on the Background layer in the Area Browser.
- Select Create Entity.
We are going to rename the tag of the Entity just to make it easier to keep track of. Also we need to add a component to render one of the tiles we imported.
- Rename the Tag from Entity to Tile0_0. The two numbers are numbers represent the x/y position in the area.
- Click on the New Component button.
The Sprite Browser will popup with all the sprites the game has. We want to find the sprites we imported as tiles.
- Since we are adding an area to a module, the sprite will be under modules.
- Find the image we imported.
- Double click on the first tile ruined_crypt0_0.
First Tile Done
Hit the “F” key to frame the selected Entity you just created. The first tile was actually just a black sprite originally, but it made it confusing too see nothing show up. So I put the D20D logo in that spot to let you know it works. It won't be seen in the final area.